The way you install and activate Microsoft Office products depends on the type of device you are installing them on. However, to ensure a smooth installation of products, you must bear some other things in mind as well. Even if you are following the correct way to install Office on your device, you may still come across errors. Apart from making sure that you are installing Office via Microsoft365.com/setup, you should also make sure that your antivirus is not interrupting the whole process.
So, if you are also facing issues while activating an Office subscription on your device, you should give this article a read till the end.
Reasons why you can’t activate Office
By having a look at the list of reasons that I have specified below, you will be able to find out the actual factor responsible for this issue:
- The antivirus you are using on your PC/mobile/tablet is not supporting the installation
- The VPN service on your device is showing a location other than the one where you purchased your Office product
- Your device is not compatible with the product you are installing
Ways to fix the Office installation error
- If you have installed an antivirus from webroot.com/safe, then you may try disabling it temporarily. This shall help ensure that you do not face installation issues due to this.
- Apart from this, you can try to turn off the VPN services so that Microsoft can know that you are in the same location from where you have purchased your product.
- Before installing any Office product on your device, it is important to go through the basic requirements first and make sure that your device is compatible with the product you are installing.
Sometimes, the antivirus solution we use on our device is configured in such a way that it won’t let certain programs get installed on our device. In such a case, you can change any such settings within the antivirus or disable the antivirus for the time being to avoid Office installation issues.